Translation query

William Ryan wfr at SAS.AC.UK
Sun Apr 22 17:19:23 UTC 2007

Sorry - yes, I was a bit imprecise - certainly a glottal stop cannot be
a syllable, but it is usually described as a speech sound, not silent.
It can be an allophone of  t  as in this word. I have forgotten how to
do phonetic transcriptions, not to mention putting them into emails -
the pronunciation would be something like 'feea-uh'.
Will Ryan