Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Sun Apr 22 14:45:44 UTC 2007

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007, Orest Sushko wrote:

> Hello,
> I am seeking audio visual archival information on a folk group
> known as the Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus. The group emigrated
> to North America in 1949 via NYC and settled in the Detroit area.
> They performed throughout the USA and Canada in the decades
> since. I am specifically looking for early footage of the group
> that may have been captured by news services, and others from
> the period 1949-1980. They also went under the name 'Ukrainian
> Bandura Band'.
>
> I am also seeking visual information from their time in Germany
> from 1942-1949. They toured the factories during the course of
> WW2, and spent time in the DP camps after the war was over. Any
> film footage here would be of interest.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if you can assist me in this search.
>
> Regards,
> Orest Sushko
> Documentary Producer -
> 'Living Strings - The Story of the Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus'
>
> osinla at yahoo.com

They have a website:
http://www.bandura.org/

Use the "Contact Us" tab to get in touch with the people who run the
organization.

Also, there is a documentary produced in Ukraine, in Ukrainian, called the
"Kubanski Kozaky" produced in 1992. Briefly, about 1/2 way through there
is a villager who gives names of various members of the Chorus while
pointing them out in a photograph.

I think that Bohdan Stupka is the narrator.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com