SEELANGS] Czech forgeries

Katerina King kpking at MTHOLYOKE.EDU
Wed Apr 25 20:42:53 UTC 2007

If I remember correctly, one of these 2 articles centers on the
manuscript forgeries by Hanka, and has some genuinely insightful things
to say. Also, I think that Peter Bugge's dissertation has some
discussion, as well as  probably some footnotes to relevant materials in
Czech and German.

Lass, Andrew. "Romantic Documents and Political Monuments: The
Meaning?Fulfillment of History in 19th?century Czech Nationalism." In
American Ethnologist. Vol. XV (Aug. 1988). 		456?71

Lass, Andrew. "What Keeps the Czech Folk 'Alive?'" In Dialectical
Anthropology. Volume XIV (1989).
7-19

Bugge, Peter. Czech Nation-Building, National Self-Perception and Politics
1780-1914. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Aarhus (Denmark), 1994.

Katerina P. King, Ph.D.
Director for Graduate and Professional School Advising
Career Development Center
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075-1456
Tel. (413)538-2080  Fax. (413)538-2081
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/offices/cdc/5187.shtml

***
There is not much danger that real talent or goodness will be overlooked
long.
- Louisa May Alcott