Russkie Skazki - Merry Siskins

Lily Alexander lily.alexander at UTORONTO.CA
Sun Aug 26 20:48:02 UTC 2007

Dear Sasha and Robert,

Don't be too serious. I just sent it for fun. Love it. And I cannot wait
to see Robert's new anthology on fairy tales..

Although Sasha, the image of Marshak and Kharms getting together to
write (or "napet' ") a whimsical poem about the finches is wonderful -
warms my heart.
Is it around the time when Chukovsky was writing his prophetic political
pamphlet Tarakanishche?