Teaching Russian in the US or Canada

Kateryna Pashkovska pashkovska_k at MAIL.RU
Sun Dec 2 03:50:57 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues,

can anybody advise me what qualification I should get to teach Russian
language in the US or Canada?

I'm a native speaker, currently a Master student of Folklore at Utah
State University.

I'm very interested in teaching Russian, and besides I'm applying for a
second MA in Anthropology in Canada. Will it be sufficient if I take some courses on teaching Russian as a second language alongside my other studies?

Or do I have to have a degree in Russian?

I hold a degree in Linguistics (English, Spanish) so I took considerable
time learning how to teach English as a second language, but I know nothing about how to teach Russian to foreigners.

Thanks a lot,
Kateryna Pashkovska,
Utah State University.