Russian imperial history - films

Emily Saunders emilka at MAC.COM
Sun Dec 2 20:24:21 UTC 2007

Consider also fictional stories in:

Barber of Siberia -- director Mikhalkov (there is a lot of English in
the movie and Mikhalkov used his own voice to dub it into Russian,
which I consider to be a serious drawback, but the film does talk about
the issues of anarchists and imperial power of Alexander III)

Statsky Sovetnik (State Advisor?) -- starring Oleg Menshikov as the
agent Fandorin and based on the book by Boris Akunin; deals with spying
and underground terrorist networks and the nature of power of later
19th century imperial Russia

Regards,

Emily Saunders