teaching Russian

Kateryna Pashkovska pashkovska_k at MAIL.RU
Fri Dec 7 04:08:51 UTC 2007

Dear Mr. Browne,

thank you so much for your response.
I hold a degree in Linguistics (English, Spanish) from a linguistic university in Ukraine (where I'm from)and I remember tremendously demanding methodological courses,
where they were teaching us how to teach English as a foreign language; practice at
schools at all grades, from the first to eleventh.
Now I'm a Master's student of Folklore at Utah State (Fulbright program)
and I'm looking into possibilities to teach Russian somewhere in the US,
as I really love Russian language and culture.
And I really find it confusing that I almost don't see methdological courses,
and I would consider to get a PhD in Russian here and not in Russia mainly
for the knowledge of HOW to teach it.
Do you think I'll be in a good position getting a degree in Russia if I don't find
what I'm looking for here?

Thank you
and everybody who responds to me,
Kateryna.