Rusins, Rusyns, Ruthenians?

Margarita Orlova margarita at RENT-A-MIND.COM
Thu Dec 13 11:46:18 UTC 2007

The Rusyns - Ruthenians just don't agree with the English
pronounciation :)

  I do not agree with it either: you know, the Americans call me
"rush-in", and i do not want to rush anywhere :)
Actually, I am Rooskaa. That is my ethnic spelling, if is to follow
your logic, dear Martyn ;)

The Americans cannot deny my existence, though :) There are too many
Russians...

Thus, to protect the disappearing languages we can suggest to rename
them in English -- back into their original pronounciation!

May it become a really helpful measure?

Sorry for kidding, it is just the logic which leads me there (:

Thanks a lot for your references!
I really appreciate them!

Margarita