Mayakovsky photos (cont.)

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Sun Dec 16 08:20:36 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues and C. Doak:

"Ardis" press in Ann Arbor (Michigan) used to publish many books
 about Russian writers, books accompanied by rare, original photos
which the pubishers (Ellendea and the late Carl Proffer) had obtained
from Russian sources.  But did Ardis ever publish such a book with
early credited photos about Mayakovsky (V V Maiakovskii)?

There was also a book with a curious title ("I Love," by Spencer and
Ann Charters) about Mayakovsky and Lili Brik, which might conceivably
have contained early credited photos of Mayakovsky.

Last, I recall that a Scandinavian researcher, Bengt Jangfeld (who I
think is still living and uses E-Mail?) published a couple of books
about Mayakovsky and L. Brik.    That's another source you could
consult...

Good hunting,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois.

Date: Sun 16 Dec 00:52:04 CST 2007
From: <LISTSERV at BAMA.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: GETPOST SEELANGS
To: "Steven P. Hill" <s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU>

Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:33:53 -0600
From: Connor Doak <connor.doak at GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Early photographs of Mayakovsky

Dear all,
I am doing some research on poetic self-creation and Mayakovsky.  The
existing literature has a lot of reference to the later Mayakovsky
photographs taken by Aleksandr Rodchenko, but much less on the early
photographs (where he is depicted with the romantic forelock).  Does
anyone has information on who the photographer of these pictures was
or any leads on where to look for this information?

Many thanks,
Connor Doak
Graduate Student
Northwestern University