Mayakovsky photos (cont.)

Charlotte Douglas douglas at NYU.EDU
Mon Dec 17 15:51:32 UTC 2007

There is a well-known series of photos from 1910-11, where Mayakovsky
is wearing a large floppy bow tie, and holding - sometimes smoking -
a cigarette.  A wide-brimmed hat is either off or on, sometimes there
is a cape, the hair (apparently deliberately) mussed up.  One of the
photos is always credited to Bergman.  They seem to be studio photos,
perhaps done at the Moscow School.  You will find various iterations
in:

L. F. Voklkov-Lannit, Vizhu Maiakovskogo (M., 1981)
Wiktor Woroszylsk, The Life of Mayakovsky (NY, 1971)
V. Katanian, Maiakovskii: khronika zhizhi i deiatel'nosti (M, 1985)
V.V. Maiakovskii, photoal'bom (M, 1984)

and many more.

Charlotte Douglas