correction

Jack Kollmann kolljack at STANFORD.EDU
Mon Dec 17 23:03:07 UTC 2007

Sorry -- The application deadline in the text below, second sentence,
should be 31 January 2008.
JK

The Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies (CREEES) at
Stanford University invites applications to its interdisciplinary M.A.
degree program in Russian, East European, and Eurasian studies for the
academic year 2008-2009.  The application deadline has been extended to 31
January 2007; we must have all application materials in hand by that
date.  This M.A. program is designed to be completed in one intensive
academic year (nine months).  We expect an applicant to have completed at
least three years or the equivalent of college-level Russian or other
language of the former Soviet Union or Eastern Europe prior to starting the
M.A. program.  Students with a variety of academic backgrounds are welcome
to apply; we expect an applicant to have completed at least some course
work in basic disciplines like history, politics, economics, literature,
etc., relating to Russia, the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe, and/or
Eurasia.  An applicant must supply transcripts, GRE scores, at least three
letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.  A limited number of
FLAS Fellowships are available that cover full tuition plus stipend for
living expenses.  For further information about the degree program and
fellowship opportunities, consult our
Website:  http://creees.stanford.edu/, where you will find links to the
on-line application process.  It is also recommended that you contact the
CREEES Academic Coordinator, Dr. Jack Kollmann, for advice on the
application process:  kolljack at stanford.edu.