Soviet slogan

Elena_Baraban at UMANITOBA.CA Elena_Baraban at UMANITOBA.CA
Fri Feb 2 20:30:04 UTC 2007

 It's indeed a phrase by Lenin (at least that's to whom it was attributed on
numerous posters). I am not certain about the source.

here's a link to a Soviet poster:
 http://www.davno.ru/posters/1973/poster-1973g.html

Because the phrase was quoted many times, the wording could be either

the one you have or sometimes "Kommunisticheskaia Partiia-- eto chest',  um
 i sovest' nashei epokhi"

Elena

Quoting Gerald Janecek <gjanecek at UKY.EDU>:

> Dear Seelangers,
>
> Could anyone supply me with the exact wording of the Soviet slogan
> that I recall approximately as "Kommunisticheskaia Partiia-- eto um,
> chest' i sovest' nashei epokhi"?  Also the source, if it comes, say,
> from Lenin?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Gerald Janecek, Professor of Russian
> gjanecek at uky.edu