more on Russia's "image problem" in the West

Sun Feb 4 01:24:50 UTC 2007

Vitaly Chernetsky wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> In the context of recent discussions here on SEELANGS, I wanted to draw
> your attention to an op-ed piece by the Russian writer Viktor Erofeev that
> was published in the International Herald Tribune:
>
> <http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/21/opinion/edviktor.php>

Thank you.

Cable subscribers should also keep their eyes open for V. V. Putin's
press conference the other day, aired several times in the past few days
on C-SPAN with the aid of an interpreter. You can hardly hear any of the
Russian, but much of the discussion centers around ethnic
("nationality") issues.

<http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/schedule.csp>

I've searched for this video in their online archive, but I don't see it
yet. You can usually find their material in RealPlayer format within a
couple of days of the original air time.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com