Job Announcement: Grinnell College

Armstrong, Todd ARMSTRON at GRINNELL.EDU
Tue Feb 6 21:09:46 UTC 2007

GRINNELL COLLEGE - DEPARTMENT OF RUSSIAN - 1 YEAR TERM LEAVE REPLACEMENT
2007-08.

The Department of Russian at Grinnell College invites applications for a
one-year appointment effective August 2007.  Assistant Professor (Ph.D.)
preferred, Instructor (ABD) possible.  We are seeking candidates to
teach a broad range of literature and culture in both English and
Russian as well as all levels of the Russian language.  The teaching
load of five courses will include one or two courses in translation.
Area of specialization open but must include literature; a secondary
specialization in interdisciplinary topics (such as film, gender
studies, second Slavic literature) is a plus.

In letters of application, candidates should discuss their interest in
developing as a teacher and scholar in an undergraduate, liberal-arts
environment that emphasizes close student-faculty interaction and values
diversity. Our review process will begin March 1 and continue until the
position is filled. Please send all application materials (cover letter,
C.V., three letters of recommendation, copy of graduate school
transcripts, and a statement of teaching philosophy) to Helen Scott,
Russian Department Chair, Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA 50112-1690
[RussianSearch at grinnell.edu] (641)269-4803; Fax (641)269-4953.

Grinnell College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who
collectively reflect the diversity of the nation. No applicant shall be
discriminated against on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin,
age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, or
disability. For further information about Grinnell College, see our
website at www.grinnell.edu.