Other Mac Cyrillic Woes (Fonts With Stress Marks?)

Jack Franke jack.franke at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 2 22:51:21 UTC 2007

Alexandar:

I have found the company Paratype to be very helpful with accented cyrillic
fonts <http://www.paratype.com/>. You can see samples of all their fonts
online.

A couple of years ago a program called Slavyanski 1.2 was developed in
Russia for Mac OS X.3 and above. It can place accents on any glyph, and in
any direction.

You can also download Apple Russian fonts from their web site in Moscow:
<http://www.apple.ru/download/?ext_fonts>. If you need accented vowels, use
the "show character palette"(where the flag is in the menu once you select a
2nd keyboard in System Preferences), type the vowel, and then select
'combining diacritical marks', and the vowel will be accented.

All the best,

Jack Franke

Jack Franke, Ph.D., Professor of Russian
Coordinator, Russian Department C
European and Latin American School
Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center
Monterey, CA 93944