Panelist & Chair needed -- AAASS 2007

Katya Hokanson hokanson at UOREGON.EDU
Sat Jan 6 21:32:44 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGtsy,

We would be interested in adding a panelist and a chair to the
following proposed panel (name subject to change):

"Taboo Topics:  What is Not Discussed in Pushkin and Griboedov [and
______(?)]"

I will give a paper entitled "Politically Incorrect Pushkin:  the
Anti-Polish Poems of  1831," and Anna Aydinyan (Yale Univ.) will give
one entitled "Swept Under the Rug:  Griboedov's Project of a Russian
Transcaucasian Company."

We have a discussant, Ani Kokobobo (Columbia U.).

The concept of the panel is to look at texts which have been deemed
unacceptable or unaccepted and hence are usually glossed over,
ignored, or explained away, rather than given critical analysis.

Please contact me at hokanson at uoregon.edu if you are interested in
participating.  The final panel title will be changed by mutual
consent when we have the third speaker.

Sincerely,

Katya Hokanson
Univ. of Oregon