Kundera article in New Yorker

Marc Adler marc at ADLERPACIFIC.COM
Wed Jan 10 20:32:12 UTC 2007

Valentino, Russell(e)k dio:

> the one he wants to be primarily associated with

Leaving aside the question of where Kundera should actually be placed in
a history of the European novel, I think his point in the article was
that Slavs are separated by a historical divide (originally religious),
and to group him with Dostoevsky just because they speak related
languages is missing that point. We can speculate who Kundera wants to
be associated with, of course, but he was making a historical point in
the article.

--
Marc Adler
marc at adlerpacific.com