Russian Cellphone jargon

Ingunn Lunde ingunn.lunde at KRR.UIB.NO
Tue Jan 16 13:42:32 UTC 2007

For those interested in the various nominations of the cell phone in
Russian (mobil'nyi/sotovyi (telefon), mobil'nik, mobilka, sotik,
sotka, truba, trubka, sotovik, mobil', pelefon, khendi, mobila,
mobil, mobil'ka, mobla, moblo, mobl, moblik) and their dissemination
all over the Russian-speaking world, see V.I. Belikov's recent
article: "Russkoe iazykovoe prostranstvo i tekhnicheskii progress",
in Russkii iazyk segodnia, vyp. 4, M. 2006, pp. 62-76.

Ingunn Lunde
University of Bergen
http://www.hf.uib.no/i/russisk/landslide/ingunn.html