Leningrad cowboys

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Fri Jan 26 23:26:25 UTC 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 1:16 PM, Maryna Vinarska wrote:
> Well... it's really something... But they definitely borrowed the
> idea from Verka Serdiuchka. I saw smth like this in "Goluboj
> Ogoniek" two or three years ago. I mean with the Army Choir.  Konec
> sveta... U Serdiuchki teper' konkurenty est'...
> Regards,
> MV

I have a CD of the Leningrad cowboys, a bona fide Russian pop, except
sung in English. If it were in Russian I would have used in class.
Verka Serdjuchka is a performer in drags more akin to Dame Edna (and
I am a great fan of Dame Edna), but they hardly have anything in
common, I mean Verka Serdiuchka and Leningrad cowboys.

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University
4400 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington DC. 20016