Kundera article (cont.)

Robert A. Rothstein rar at SLAVIC.UMASS.EDU
Sun Jan 28 18:12:10 UTC 2007

Alina Israeli wrote:
> Wouldn't some list members agree that Pasternak's translations are
> con-genius to the original and works of art in and of themselves
> (Shakespeare and Goethe, for ex)? The same could be said of Lozinsky's
> translations, of Cola Brugnon, for example. I could find a few more
> amazing translators: Rita Rajt-Kovaleva, Golyshev, Ljubimov and
> others, of course.

A delayed reaction to Alina's posting above: I would argue that Boris
Zakhoder's _Prikliucheniia Alisy v strane chudes_ is as brilliant as the
Lewis Carroll original, and, perhaps heretically, that his _Vinni-pukh i
vse-vse-vse_ is better than A. A. Milne's _Winnie-the-Pooh_.

Bob Rothstein