the Bulgarian version of Madame Bovary

Alexandra Smith Alexandra.Smith at ED.AC.UK
Tue Jan 30 19:18:06 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues,

First of all, many thanks to Tatiana Buzina for helping me to locate
Sokurov's film in such a prompt manner!.. A TV version of the film
exists in some stores in St Petersburg and Moscow, and a friend of
mine has bought me a copy already.
Secondly, I will be very grateful if someone could help me and one PhD
student from the Univ. of Edinburgh to find the Bulgarian adaption of
the novel.
The Bulgarian adaptation is called 'Madame Bovary from
Sliven' and it is by Emil Tsanev (Madame Bovary ot Sliven, Boyana Film
Studios 1991, commissioned by the Bulgarian National Television).
Perhaps somebody has a TV copy of it?
thank you for any help and/or advice.

All very best,
Alexandra

Alexandra Smith (PhD, University of London)
Lecturer in Russian
School of European Languages and Cultures
The University of Edinburgh
David Hume Tower
George Square
Edinburgh EX8 9JX