Job announcement from Columbia University

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Sun Jul 1 21:09:02 UTC 2007

There was an exchange recently about e-postcard companies.
Here's more.

In my spam filter, along with the e.d. ads, and the offers to put
into my account millions of dollars saved during African political
upheavals, and "one investment offer" using my own e-mail (!!),
there are now two messages purporting to be from postcard.com
and another, claiming there is a postcard from "a friend" and then
"a family member" (how would THEY know who's a member of my
family?)

Incidentally, if you google "postcard.com," they are NOT an
electronic postcard company -- they sell antique and collectible
postcards on the net.

-- so yes, this would be the latest phishing tack.

I think we need a new circle of hell, or maybe a little side-bubble
-FR

Francoise Rosset
Russian and Russian Studies
Coordinator, German and Russian