Russia on CNN

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Tue Jul 10 18:40:50 UTC 2007

The format of web sites of TV channels is not the same as of news
outlets. Meanwhile CNN had a week long profile on Russia, some of the
stories could be seen on the web site http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/
2007/eyeonrussia/

And if you click on "Resurgent Russia" there is a video story on
Vorkuta (http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2007/06/25/
chance.russia.vorkuta.cnn) which could be added to Ben's course on
the cities (together with Norilsk, both well represented on
youtube.com).

AI

On Jul 5, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Wayles Browne wrote:

> Perhaps they thought of it as "sports news" rather than "news news"?
>
> On TV this morning (10 a.m. EDT) the commentators on the Weather
> Channel were discussing the choice of Sochi, and even gave the average
> temperatures there in January (in the 40s F.), but they agreed that
> the
> nearby mountains would be sufficiently colder for winter sports.
>
> At 8:36 AM -0700 7/5/07, Renee Stillings wrote:
>> Speaking of "years of Russia" does anyone else find it strange
>> that CNN has
>> still not posted the Sochi Olympic news online (at least not on
>> the front
>> page that I can see), nor has MSNBC. Wall Street Journal has it
>> near the
>> bottom of the page.

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University