expert on old stock certificates

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Fri Jun 1 06:33:30 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues & Prof Andrew:

Traditionally the leading expert in determining the value of old stock
certificates has been R. M. SMYTHE & CO. of New York.  Supposedly
experts at Smythe can research the value (or lack of value) of such
 financial documents, as well or better than any other firm can do it.
I've heard that they do charge a fee for their services. Here is Smythe's
web-site, which displays contact information:

http://www.smytheonline.com/home/index.php

Best wishes to all,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois (USA).

P.S.  Evidently in the UK they use the term "share certificates"
analogously to the US term "stock certificates."
__ __ __ __

Date: Fri 1 Jun 01:00:49 CDT 2007
From:  <LISTSERV at BAMA.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: GETPOST SEELANGS
To: "Steven P. Hill" <s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU>

Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:01:17 +0100
From: Joe Andrew <j.m.andrew at LANG.KEELE.AC.UK>
Subject: Share Certificates

Dear SEELANGERS
I have received from an aunt some share certificates for 'Russo-Asiatic
Consolidated Limited' issued to my grandfather in Glasgow in 1941.

Does anyone know whether these would be of any value, either in terms of
their actual value, or as historical documents; or where I could find this
out?

Best
Joe Andrew
j.m.andrew at lang.keele.ac.uk