scholars working on culture of/in Russian provinces?

Anne Lounsbery anne.lounsbery at NYU.EDU
Thu Jun 14 20:47:59 UTC 2007

Hello Everyone,

I've heard that there is some sort of organized working group or on-going
colloquium (in Russia) for scholars who are working on the provinces.  I'm
interested not so much in local history/kraevedenie issues, but in more
theoretically-inflected ideas about "provinciality" and identity, etc.

If anyone could put me in touch with any such group or with individual
scholars, I would be very grateful.  Thank you.

Anne

Anne Lounsbery
Assistant Professor and Director of Graduate Study
Department of Russian and Slavic Studies
New York University
13 University Place, 2nd floor
New York, NY 10003

(212) 998-8674