The TRKI Exam

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at TEMPLE.EDU
Fri Jun 15 04:52:12 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGers:

As an ACTFL OPI Trainer in Russian, I have had a few similar queries
off-line on this topic.

The TRKI workshop is not an ACTFL OPI Workshop.  There are doubtless some
correlations between the two testing systems, but the US government
recognizes only ACTFL proficiency ratings for hiring and promotion at this
time.  I do not know of any US universities or companies that recognize TRKI
test results.

For more information about ACTFL OPI Workshops, see www.actfl.org and click
on the link for professional development.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

On 6/14/07 10:27 PM, "Dustin Hosseini" <iamlearningenglish at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Dear Seelangers,
>
> I have few questions about the TRKI.
>
> - Is the TRKI formally recognized anywhere outside of Russia, such as those
> tests as IELTS OR TOEFL?  Do U.S. universities, companies, or other entities
> recognize the results of this exam as a measurement of one's knowledge of
> Russian, or is ACTFL preferred?
>
> - What are the advantages of taking the TRKI exam, if any?
>
> - Is there an official American equivalent of the TRKI?
>
> - How can one compare the ACTFL testing and scale to the TRKI?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dustin Hosseini

Benjamin Rifkin
Vice Dean for Undergraduate Affairs and Professor of Russian
College of Liberal Arts, Temple University
1206 Anderson Hall, 1114 W. Berks St.
Philadelphia, PA  19122 USA
phone: 215.204.1816
fax:  215.204.3731