No subject

John Dunn J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK
Mon Jun 18 08:40:08 UTC 2007

The following web-site

http://www.artlebedev.ru/kovodstvo/119/

states that:

Ё — недобуква. Это буква е с диэрезисом (умляутом, тремой, двумя точками сверху). [Io - nedobukva.  Eto bukva e s dièrezisom (umliautom, tremoi, dvumia tochkami sverkhu]

There should be something there to keep everyone happy (personally I would go for the last option).

John Dunn.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Bailey <jobailey at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU>
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:10:49 -0500
Subject: [SEELANGS]

Dear Seelangers,
     A small question. The Russian dictionaries I
have (perhaps a little old) give the term diereza
for the two dots over "e". But someone recently
corrected me saying the term should be "trema."
I would appreciate comments.
     Thanks,
     James Bailey

John Dunn
Honorary Research Fellow, SMLC (Slavonic Studies)
University of Glasgow, Scotland

Address:
Via Carolina Coronedi Berti 6
40137 Bologna