GLAS #16 Childhood

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Tue Jun 19 15:39:10 UTC 2007

Dear Deborah and all,

It is a fine and moving book, so I am glad you are asking about it.  The
following chapters are in GLAS, pages 165-79:
Last day in the camp
My parents
The orphanage
Before school
Alarm at night
Young Pioneer camp

I did, long ago, translate the whole book, but never managed to find a
publisher.  The writer's widow, Viktoria Schweitzer, wrote to me 6 months
ago, sounding quite hopeful about some possibility, but nothing seems to
have come of it.  I have not been as persistent as I should have been...

Why are you asking?

Best Wishes,

Robert