Study Group on Eighteenth-Century Russia

A. Tosi at10008 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Jun 20 20:58:59 UTC 2007

Dear all,
The next UK meeting of the Study Group on Eighteenth-Century Russia will
take place from Monday 7th to Wednesday 9th January, 2008 at the High
Leigh
Conference Centre, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
We now welcome proposals for papers on any aspect of Russian life and
culture during the 'long' eighteenth century (from the start of Peter's
reign in 1682 to the death of Alexander I in 1825).
The format of our meetings allows a generous 45-50 minutes per paper,
which
provides an excellent opportunity for discussion and feedback from an
international audience. The languages are English and Russian. Synopses of
papers are published in the following volume of the Group's annual
Newsletter. We particularly welcome postgraduate students, for whom there
are a limited number of subsidized places available.
The High Leigh Conference Centre is easily reached by road or train from
London (20 minutes from Liverpool Street Station) or from Stansted
Airport.
Further information and registration forms are available for download on
our website: <http://www.sgecr.co.uk/#meeting>.
To submit a short proposal please write to me at:
at10008 at cam.ac.uk

Best wishes,
Alessandra Tosi
Lecturer in Russian