НЙУФЙЮЕУЛПЕ Р ПМПФОП

Sarah Hurst sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET
Wed Jun 27 06:51:35 UTC 2007

Yes, a canvas can apply to texts, or even a chess game, presumably - thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tatyana Buzina
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:42 PM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] НЙУФЙЮЕУЛПЕ Р ПМПФОП

Normally, as has been suggested, it would apply to a painting with a
mystical subject/atmosphere. Sometimes, the word "canvas" can be applied to
texts, and I am not sure the same meaning carries over into the English
"canvas," or does it? I was curious and did a Yandex search on the phrase
and came up with a lovely "vpletaet v polotno rasskaza."