Chekhov - The Cherry Orchard - Firs - Firsov - Platonov

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Tue May 8 10:01:38 UTC 2007

Dear all,

Am just writing something about Platonov¹s ŒReka Potudan¹¹, the hero of
which is called Firsov.  I was wanting to quote the phrase ŒCheloveka
zabyli¹ and had innocently imagined I would find it at the end of the Cherry
Orchard.  But all I can find is Firs saying ŒPro menya zabyli¹.  Can anyone
tell me who first came out with the famous ŒCheloveka zabyli¹?

Best Wishes,

Robert