Is Lenin in his tomb?

Renee Stillings renee at ALINGA.COM
Wed May 9 17:31:37 UTC 2007

Appears to be winter maintenance - a bit longer this year:
http://eeuroperussiatravel.suite101.com/blog.cfm/lenins_mausoleum_winter_clo
sing

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nicole Monnier
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:15 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Is Lenin in his tomb?

SEELANGTSy!

I had the brilliant idea of putting on my final Soviet civ exam the
following extra credit question: "Who is buried in Lenin's tomb?" - until I
began to be plagued by doubts of Lenin's current whereabouts. I remember
someone telling me that Lenin had recently (? Past year?) been removed for
maintenance; does anyone know whether this is true or not, and more
importantly, can anyone assure me that he he is (or isn't) currently
residing in his usual digs on Red Square?

Curiously,

Nicole

Dr. Nicole Monnier
Assistant Professor of Instruction
Director of Undergraduate Studies (Russian)
German & Russian Studies
415 GCB
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211