Russian/East/Central European postcolonial literature

Qualin, Anthony ANTHONY.QUALIN at TTU.EDU
Sat May 19 00:35:39 UTC 2007

Dear Yelena,

Almost anything by Chingiz Aitmatov is worth reading for someone
interested in the topic.  Iskander, especially Sandro iz Chegema, has a
lot to offer, too.  Timur Pulatov, Olzhas Suleimenov, Hrant Matevosyan,
Fazu Alieva, Otar Ioselani, Yuri Rykhteu, and Timur Zulfikarov are all
worth reading, as well, but they are harder to find in translation
(although there are things out there).  I've left a lot of worthy
authors out, I'm sure.  If your friend/colleague has access to old
issues of the journal Soviet Literature, it is a gold mine.  It has
translations, not just from Russian, but from other languages as well.
If you want to pass my e-mail address on to your friend, I could discuss
the topic with him or her in more depth.

Anthony

Anthony Qualin

Associate Professor

Classical and Modern Languages and Literatures

Texas Tech University

Lubbock, Texas 79409-2071

Telephone: 806-742-3145 ext. 244

Fax: 806-742-3306