Platonov - Kosnoyazuchie

colkitto colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Mon May 21 19:42:51 UTC 2007

Dear Lily and All (et al)?,

> Although people like me and others may take part in the search for a good
> word, and native speakers may help in deciphering the hidden meaning and
> grammatical controversies - it seems to me that the group that could be of
> help to you in finding correlating English odd words/usage, would be
> American comedians.

I actually did suggest a (late) British comedian, Tony Hancock ("I paint ...
with light" - sounds much funnier than it reads) as a source of inspiration.
Hancock, however, achieved much of his effect with tone of voice rather than
word-choice - maybe Platonov needs to be read aloud to be appreciated
properly?

Robert Orr (have to put my name in (not quite) full for this thread)