Protivoslovo

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sat May 26 10:05:40 UTC 2007

Dear Lily and all,

> How to translate it?
> Trying to translate it, I came up with "antiword" (like antiworld), or
> "counterword" (like counter-culture).
I'd need to know a lot more about context to venture anything with
confidence.  For now let me just say that 'counterword' has a greater range
of possible meanings.  'The counterculture' is definitely in opposition to
'the culture'; but a counterpart of some person or thing is not necessarily
in opposition to that person or thing.  My guess is that there is more open
opposition in words beginning with 'anti' than in words beginning with
'counter'.

But this is only a first thought!

R.