russkogovojrschije and russkojazychnyje

Olga Dobrunova dobrunov at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 31 18:12:31 UTC 2007

I suppose it comes from the European linguistic tradition started by Ferdinand de Saussure and very common among Russian linguists to distinguish “speech” (as oral variant) and “language”(as a system of words, grammar rules etc). It is a very rough explanation.
I understand the meaning of “russkogovoryaschie” as an equivalent to what we call “heritage students” – people who can speak every-day Russian, but alliterate, not educated in Russian enough. “Russkoyazychnye” – who knows grammar and rules, and can speak and write in Russian on all possible topics correctly according to the Russian language standards and stylistics.
I think so,
Olga Dobrunova

Valery Belyanin <vbelyanin at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
  Hello, Russian speakers and Russian non-speakers :)

russkogovojrschije and russkojazychnyje
ðóññêîãîâîðÿùèå è ðóññêîÿçû÷íûå
http://www.rambler.ru/news/culture/socialproblems/10469966.html
New terminology I was trying (but failed) to understand...

--
Valery Belyanin, UPitt SLI 2007