All Cyrillic font

Sun Nov 4 13:25:40 UTC 2007

Mogens Jensen wrote:

> Dear Seelangers – can anyone recomend a font with all cyrillic characters,
> also those used by eg. non-slavic languages ?
> Arial Unicode MS does not include all of these characters (eg unicode
> range 0500)

As far as I can tell, it does -- what version of the font do you have
and how are you displaying its inventory?

It does have a jump between 04F9 (ӹ, end of Cyrillic) and 0531 (Ա,
beginning of Armenian), but I'm seeing lots and lots of non-Russian
Cyrillic characters beginning at 0452 (ђ). It has obsolete letters like
0462 (Ѣ), as well as full sets for Serbian, Bulgarian, all the Central
Asian languages, etc.

I only have version 1.01 of August 6, 1990, but that appears to be the
current version. It's installed automatically with Windows XP and also
comes as an option with Office products from 2000 onward.

MS says:
<http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052558401033.aspx>
Note -- If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, the universal font for
Unicode is automatically installed.

Arial Unicode MS font is a full Unicode (Unicode: A character encoding
standard developed by the Unicode Consortium. By using more than one
byte to represent each character, Unicode enables almost all of the
written languages in the world to be represented by using a single
character set.) font. It contains all of the characters, ideographs, and
symbols defined in the Unicode 2.1 standard.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com