CCPCR Census of College/University level Russian, other Slavic and EE language programs

John Schillinger jschill at AMERICAN.EDU
Wed Nov 14 02:08:16 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGERS-

	The CCPCR website is back in operation following a computer crash
Oct. 8.  We are now able to process responses and upload to the
website again.   Since many programs remain to be heard from following
the first request  in September we're renewing our plea for your 1st
and 2nd year enrollments in Russian while the numbers are fresh in mind.

	In addition to Russian enrollment data, in response to an initiative
from AATSEEL, we will also list OTHER SLAVIC and EE LANGUAGES taught
at your institution if you or a colleague will provide that
information.  46 institutions have responded thus far, and their data
is now available on the website (just click on the website address
below to get to the home page and the College/University enrollment
data).  Along with your Russian enrollments, we will list those
additional languages; and if you have the data, the enrollments at the
first and 2nd year levels in those languages.

	 If you don't have access to the enrollment numbers, but can provide
a list of the Slavic and EE languages taught at the 1st and 2nd year
levels, please do just that.  It is hoped that a national overview of
the extent of our offerings in Slavic and EE languages, or at least a
sense of the extent, will emerge from your responses to give the
profession a better idea of the distribution and depth of such courses
across the country.

	 Please send your information to our e-mail address:
ccpcr at american.edu.

Many thanks!!

Prof. John Schillinger
American University, Washington D.C.
Chair, CCPCR
Committee on College and Pre-College Russian
e-mail: ccpcr at american.edu
website:
www.american.edu/research/CCPCR/