Increased Enrollments article

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Wed Nov 14 22:26:32 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Inna Caron wrote:

> Russia is no longer perceived as a major threat to national
> security and/or
> the principle competitor for the world dominance.

1. Russian is one of top four urgently needed (that is speakers of,
pardon my fractured syntax) on the State Dept. and US Army lists.

2. That's what makes so many Russians upset and they are trying their
darnest to make sure that Americans (and others) perceive them that way.

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University
4400 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington DC. 20016