phone cards US/Russia

Boggess, Adrienne Harris amhb at KU.EDU
Wed Oct 3 17:21:13 UTC 2007

I have had great success with Skype.  You buy credits online and phone calls from a Kansas cell phone to a St. Petersburg cell phone cost roughly 6 cents.  Calls to landlines were even cheaper and the connection was as good or better than phone to phone connections.

Adrienne Harris-Boggess
Lecturer
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Kansas

________________________________

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list on behalf of msr2003 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sent: Wed 10/3/2007 11:19 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] phone cards US/Russia

Esteemed Colleagues,

Can you recommend a cheap, reliable, high-quality phone card (or
virtual card) for calls from the US to Moscow?  I'm in New York, if
that makes any difference.  I've been using "Peanuts" which is
really cheap and you can usually get through, but the voice quality
is not all that great.  Reply on- or off-list, as you see fit.

Best,
Margo Rosen
msr2003 at columbia.edu