Zahari Zograph to Neofit Rilski

Steve Marder asred at COX.NET
Fri Oct 5 21:45:03 UTC 2007

Reply to Michael Holman:

> Can anyone advise on the probable/possible meaning of the word 'miliordsko' in
> a letter from the Bulgarian painter Zahari Zograph to Neofit Rilski, dated 30
> June 1838? Zahari was seeking assistance from Neofit Rilski in his wish to
> study at the Royal Academy in St Petersburg.
> The full sentence, cited from Asen Vasiliev, 'Bulgarski vuzrozhdenski
> maistori',  Sofia 1965, p. 389 is:
>
> 'Numero 2. Mozhe li i miliordsko uchenie da se zima.'
>
> All suggestions gratefully received.

I don't have the answer to your question, but I do have a suggestion ‹ Sofia
University at the following address:

http://www.uni-sofia.bg/faculties/slavstud/index.html

If their Slavic Studies Faculty doesn't have the answer, perhaps another
university department or faculty would. Good luck!

Steve Marder