Comp. Lit. conference on Philip Roth

Anne Hruska anne_hruska at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 9 04:55:33 UTC 2007

I'm sending this out on behalf of my colleague, Daniel Medin
Dear all,

I'm sending this out on behalf of my colleague, Daniel Medin; please send any questions to him at the address below.

Cheers,

AH

***

"Philip Roth: A Global Perspective"
Annual Meeting of the American Comparative Literature
Association
April 24-27; Long Beach, California

The past decade has witnessed Roth's canonization as
an American classic. This seminar is dedicated to
examining his impact from a global perspective. Panels
will engage issues pertaining to Roth in translation
and his reception in other parts of the world; his
novels read alongside international authors (some
Slavic examples: Gogol, Dostoevsky, Babel, Schulz,
Hrabal, Kundera, Klíma) or vis-à-vis the visual arts.

Please submit your abstract and a brief biography by
November 9 at
http://www.acla.org/submit/. Selected applicants will
be notified by November 16.

For additional information contact Daniel Medin
<dlmedin at stanford.edu> or visit the
conference site at http://www.acla.org/acla2008/.