shlyukha, kurva, shalava

Deborah Hoffman lino59 at AMERITECH.NET
Wed Oct 24 17:28:32 UTC 2007

Does kurva really not have sexual connotations (to me bitch does not)? I've heard it in Russian as "whore," though the speakers could have been influenced by Yiddish in which it is definitely "whore," as in zwei-groschen-.

>kurva is a bitch: more of a comment on personality of the woman (in most
>dialects, though admittedly not all); to me it also seems slightly stronger
>than the omnipresent suka.

  End of SEELANGS Digest - 22 Oct 2007 to 23 Oct 2007 - Special issue (#2007-234)