Conference: The Pain of Words: Narratives of Suffering in Slavic Cultures (May 9-11, 2008, Princeton)

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at COMCAST.NET
Wed Oct 31 17:41:26 UTC 2007

30 October 07

Dear Alex,
Not to worry.  There is no need to open Pandora's Box here, on the
list.  It's the conference organizers who are trying to keep that box
closed as a topic of  their conference at Princeton.  Stay cool.
Glasnost' is out.  Putin is in.  If they are lucky, Avvakum, Custine,
Chaadaev, Lermontov, Grossman, etc. etc. will be contained, the box will
stay closed.

Cheers to the list,

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere