CCPCR Russian Enrollment Census, AND: Other Slavic and EE languages

Sibelan E S Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Tue Sep 25 13:37:56 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues,

If your institution has not in the past sent its enrollment data for
language courses to the CCPCR, please read through this message from
John Schillinger (Chair, CCPCR-Committee on College and Pre-College
Russian).  The ability to track current enrollments and their
evolving trends is very important!  Note too that this year, for the
first time and at AATSEEL's request, CCPCR will begin to collect data
on enrollments in Slavic and East European languages other than
Russian.

For more information on CCPCR, see the website
<www.american.edu/research/CCPCR>.  Please send enrollment data (or
questions) to Dr. Schillinger at <ccpcr at american.edu>.

With best regards,

Sibelan

**********

Jhn Schillinger writes:
	Now that the fall semester is underway, I am sending you the
annual CCPCR request for your 1st and 2nd year enrollments in Russian
while the numbers are fresh in mind.   In addition, in response to an
initiative from AATSEEL, we will also list other Slavic and EE
languages taught at your institution if you or a colleague will
provide that information.
	Along with your Russian enrollments, we will list those
additional languages; and if you have the data, the enrollments at
the first and 2nd year levels in those languages.
	 If you don't have access to the enrollment numbers, but can
provide a list of the Slavic and EE languages taught at the 1st and
2nd year levels, please do just that.  It is hoped that a national
overview of the extent of our offerings in Slavic and EE languages,
or at least a sense of the extent, will emerge from your responses to
give the profession a better idea of the distribution and depth of
such courses across the country.

	 Please respond with your information by selecting our e-mail
address: ccpcr at american.edu.

Sincerely,
John

John Schillinger, American University
Chair, CCPCR-Committee on College and Pre-College Russian
192 High St
Strasburg, VA 22657
Fax: (540)-465-2828
ccpcr at american.edu