Pushkin's "Klevetnikam Rossii" (1831)

FRISON Philippe Philippe.FRISON at COE.INT
Sat Aug 2 19:47:50 UTC 2008

Dear list members,

As I am preparing a contribution on relations between Russia and "Europe", I came accross Pushkin's piece of poetry "Klevetnikam Rossii", where he justifies the Russian repression of the Polish uprisal in 1830-31 against French deputies expressing their sympathy to Poles.

The text (a rather nationalist piece) is in marked contrast with Pushkin's supposed progressist views...

Could someone give me any any clue on where this text was first published in Russia and France and under what circumstances it was written ?

Thanks in advance

Philippe
(Strasbourg, France)