Students' visiting England problem

Lena nem at ONLINE.DEBRYANSK.RU
Mon Aug 4 14:12:59 UTC 2008

Dear Seelangers!

I am writing this message in hope to get some helpful tips about the
question which seems unsolvable to me now.
The problem is this. I do strongly feel that I must do something to
let our English language students (faculty of foreign languages) have a
chance to have language study trips to the UK.

Unfortunately, the faculty has no established ties with any English university.

The annual trip to the UK the students can have is the one arranged by
some teachers together with a travelling company, it is a bus tour,
quite expensive but can be called a waste of money for the students as
the only opportunity they have is just rushing through some places in
England usually the tourists meccas and that is all.

My efforts to find any exchange students program or contact universities directly can be
called a failure.

Could you please advise me how anything could be arranged for this
purpose, perhaps your faculties have had this experience of joint work.

Thank you very much indeed,

Nikolaenko Elena

assistant professor

English Philology Department