Razryadka (spacing)

Hendriks, P. Pepijn.Hendriks at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Tue Aug 5 10:53:19 UTC 2008

(First off: William Ryan's message quoted below is just one of the many
recent contributions on the topic of razrjadka. As I'm catching up with
my email after having returned from a holiday, this message is not an
immediate reaction to it.)

For what it's worth: the Russian graphic designer Artemij Lebedev
strongly discourages the use of razrjadka in modern publications. See
his section on the use of (among other things) bold and italic at
<http://web.artlebedev.ru/kovodstvo/sections/79>.

I don't always share Mr Lebedev's opinions convictions, but overall, his
'paragrafy o dizajne' are without exception well thought through and
highly informative. I highly recommend them.

Best regards,

Pepijn Hendriks

--
Pepijn Hendriks, MA
Leiden University Centre for Linguistics