Pushkin - Mirsky - 'incisive kisses'

Jonathan Brooks Platt jbp73 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Aug 6 06:13:31 UTC 2008

??? ????????? ??????? ?????
????? ??????????? ?????????

(from Bakh. Fontan)

The adjective was switched to "?????????????" for the original
publication, then switched back at some point; not sure which one
Mirsky's using--Tynianov quotes it as "?????????????" in "??????" I
believe.

Here's a link to Pushkin's letter to Vyazemsky about changing the line:

http://feb-web.ru/feb/pushkin/texts/push17/vol13/y132080-.htm

Does anyone know the 7-letter word omitted in this letter, and perhaps
the story behind it?

-JP