[Bulk] Re: [SEELANGS] News of discovery - Igor Tale

Robert Orr colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Sun Aug 10 17:09:38 UTC 2008

> The story did seem a bit unlikely. The idea that a major text of the
> Kulikovo cycle had gone unnoticed for several hundred years and that a
> foreigner noticed it only now. It seems very unlikely that any new texts
> of that sort might still be lying around neglected. The fact that not a
> single SEELANGS subscriber seems to know about this discovery suggests
> that it was only a rumor - although I get the feeling that many, if not
> most, Slavists are burned out on the Slovo o polku Igoreve.

I'm not.

Everyone should read Zaliznjak's book on the subject (it's about time I had
another look, come to think of it).

Robert, I assume that by Shakespeare/Bacon/Marlowe stuff you are referring
to forays such as those of Keenan and Perepelkina?

I am, yes.